Thursday, March 8, 2012

First Post: New Blog and 3D Printing

I've been wanting to create a blog for a long time now. I have lots of things floating around in my head that I'd like to share. I love to build things and so this will mostly be a tech blog about my experiences.

My latest obsession has been 3d printing. A few weeks ago, I finished building a MendelMax. Since most people that might read this blog will be RepRapers, I'll spare you the explanation. You can read about it or drop by the #mendelmax & #reprap irc channels to find out more. Building the MM has been a lot of fun, and I've learned a lot about 3D printing. The IRC channels have been especially helpful in getting advice for any problems I've run into. Everyone there is very friendly and always willing to help. If you live in the Boston area, you may have seen me give a brief presentation on 3d printing at the Boston Museum of Science recently.





2 comments:

  1. Hell Yes!
    Keep it coming. We need to get another meetup going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, nice work on the blog... I need to do the same soon !! Love your MAX!! I just got my Prusa printing last week. But still working out calibration and tweaks.

    ReplyDelete